いらっしゃいませ!Look, how many amazing Japanese things we have here! =(^_^)=

January 25, 2015

Japanese KitKats - ichimi chili flavour


Hello, Foodies! Sorry for being one day late with the last battle of January. To justify myself I'll tell you that yesterday I was on an incredible concert of Sabaton. If you don't know their music yet, you like heavy metal and you're interested in historical military conflicts, you should totally check them out! Their music is full of energy and members of this band are really cool guys with good sense of humor. I'm really impressed. :)

But coming back to Japanese sweets. Today I have for you chili flavoured KitKat. Are you ready for the hottest participant of our battles? Let's start with fresh energy, then.




Chili flavoured KitKat is limited to Shinshū. You can see where it is on the map below. It's kinda historical name of this region, nowadays it's called Nagano prefecture. Why there? This region is famous for Yawataya Isogoro company which produces chilli spices. You can read a little bit about Yawataya and their products on their English page: click here.

And now things are clear. What's more, look at these packagings below! It's obvious now why we can see this strange yellow paprika on the KitKat foil. It's logo of "ichimi" - kind of spice made by Yawataya from simple ground chili pepper... and it's what this KitKat is made from.


What about the taste? You can feel the power! Very good quality dessert chocolate is mixed with first quality chili from Nagano prefecture. In effect these wafers are not too sweet, with strongly piquant aftertaste.

It's definitely not for everyone. Not for soft food likers, not for children. But if you like piquant food as much as I do, you will be pleased.

What's the most important for me in this sample is its quality. It's definitely not like chili chocolates I got used to in Poland. It's simple and well refined with taking care of the smallest detail.

 9 / 10 


Hello, Veti here again! ^^

From Ichimi Kitkat I expected strong chocolate and chilli flavour. I mean, something like polish chilli chocolate by Milka. 

After the first bite I really found chilli flavour. This Kitkat is really spicy hot. I couldn't even grasp the chocolate taste in it, it's so damn hot!

I don't know if it's my low tolerance for piquant food or Ichimi Kitkat is that spicy, but this food experience was too strong for me. Kitkat's chili sensation was kinda painfull for me. Maybe if you are spicy food lover more than I am, it'll be pleasure for you to eat this Nestle product.

Please don't kill me, but from me it gets maa, maa grade, 5 out of 10.




No comments:

Post a Comment