いらっしゃいませ!Look, how many amazing Japanese things we have here! =(^_^)=

January 13, 2015

Japanese KitKats - amaou strawberry flavour



Hello, Foodies! Tuesday is the day of amaou strawberry flavoured KitKat, the opponent of hōjicha -flavoured one. Will this summer fruit beat the roasted tea?! 



As every special Japanese KitKat, this one is the limited edition as well. You can find it in Kyūshū region (on the left side of the map below). Why there? Kyūshū is famous for amaou ichigo - strawberries much bigger than the usual ones! And I goofed you up telling you about "this summer fruit", because Japanese amaou stawberries are available from winter to spring! Strange, isn't it?

Amaou strawberries are known to be less sour than the "normal" ones. Well... I've never tried them, so I can't tell for sure. =(^_^)=


The taste of this KitKat was a big disappointment for me. Smell and taste are very artificial, like a cheap, strawberry flavoured yoghurt. Chocolate is melty and it has intensively sour and sweet taste. It's good, but it's nothing above par. Big minus for me for typical, artificial and not surprising taste at all.

 7 / 10 


Hello again in the Veti's Zone

In the first corner last time we had Hojicha KitKat and today in the second corner we have an amaou strawberry KitKat! Battle in my mouth begins.

The taste of this chocolate-coated wafer reminds me of Polish, strawberry-like yogurt Gratka mixed with chocolate. OK, maybe KitKat is more delicate and more "fresh" than Gratka, but it's still similar to it. It has a very nice smell, however there is something missing in that KitKat and I don't know what it is

I'm not enraptured by Amao strawberry product of Nestle, but still, it has a nice taste. From me it gets kokoroyoi grade, 6 out o 10.


So... the winner of the second KitKat battle is... hōjicha. 
=(^_^)=

No comments:

Post a Comment