いらっしゃいませ!Look, how many amazing Japanese things we have here! =(^_^)=

January 20, 2015

Japanese KitKats - azuki sando aji flavour

Hello, Foodies! Today we're gonna finish the third battle. Last times we tried flavour of rum and raisins, today it's time for very Japanese flavour - azuki beans. Have you ever tried them?

 A few words about azuki... 

Azuki beans are very typical filling for Japanese sweets. If you're searching for very unique, oriental taste, you can find mochi (rice cookies) or taiyaki (fish-shaped cookies) with azuki paste. It's sweet and good as a substitute for unhealthy chocolate. Well, azuki beans are very rich in fiber, they kill our hunger efficiently and satisfy us, gourmets, the Japanese way.

I've never liked azuki beans much because of farinaceous texture, strange taste without pure sweetness, unpleasant aftertaste... Then boom! I tried these azuki KitKats and I decided to give them a chance one more time

Flavour of these KitKats is inspired by azuki toasts served in coffee shops near Nagoya. This KitKat is limited to Tōkai and Hokuriku (somewhere in the middle of Japan).

 Flavour 

Big surprise for me. These bars are very tasty, not too sweet and well balanced. You can feel melty, sweet chocolate, then pleasant strangeness which leaves you insatiate and in result you want more and more. I thought azuki beans aren't to my taste, but now I want to give them one more chance. This flavour's taste is indescribable and I like it very much!

 9 / 10 

So... the winner of  the third KitKat battle is... azuki jam sandwich.
At least in my opinion... but you can read about it below.
=(^_^)=
 


It's Veti's Zone again!

Today we've got opponent for Rum & Raisin. Azuki Jam Sandwiches Kitkat is coming!

I wondered how azuki jam mixed with chocolate tastes. Azuki and chocolate have almost similar taste except one thing: azuki is powdery and chocolate is not. After the first bite my mouth was full of bitterness. Its  is difficult to describe, maybe something like cocoa. This Kitkat tastes very strangely in my opinion. Suprisingly long time after trying this product of Nestle, I can still feel its taste, but it was nicer than  before.  

For sure I can to quess that in Kitkat is azuki jam, but where is my sandwich there? After all I like this wafer. but it's something missing to be perfect. Maybe it's not sweet enough or I'm not used to taste of azuki beans.

Azuki Jam Sandwiches Kitkat gets from me yoroshi rate, 7 out of 10.

 
This time, in this battle I have a slightly diffrent opinion than Wu. Rum with raisins and azuki jam sandwich flavoured Kitkats get the same grade from me, but in my opinion the first one is a winner this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment