いらっしゃいませ!Look, how many amazing Japanese things we have here! =(^_^)=

November 07, 2014

Glico - Kocochi - matcha chewing gum


Hello, Foodies! Today a few words about... chewing gum by Glico! It was a big surprise for me to find a matcha green tea flavored gum, I've never tried anything like this before!



 Packaging 
Wow, I love this one. The black color of the package, beautiful matcha gum "fan" and a few kanji on the front make it elegant and impressive. What's more, it's practical and handy. Really love it!

I'll try to translate the kanji on the front:
和 is peace or harmony.
もちもち means something like... "huggable"? Something with good texture, like traditional japanese "mochi", I think. Well, it's my interpretation, it's just another weird Japanese onomatopoeia. =(^_^)=
食 is food, and 感 is feeling (yeah, second kanji is creepy. found it in dictionary. ^^)
So... 食感 is "feeling of food" which means... texture!
ガム (gamu) is just "gum" in katakana.
I don't know how to combine those words to make an english sentence that makes sense. "Harmonic huggable texture gum¹" is just stupid and don't show the meaning properly.

Under the red blop there are kanji symbols for "matcha" which is 抹茶 and some other symbols that I can't really read. 

By the way... can you read anything from the back side of the packaging²? =(^_^')= Kanji will make me crazy someday.
5 / 5


 Novelty/Appeal 
To be honest, matcha sweets will always be kind of special for me, because we don't have such tasty green tea here, in Poland. Maybe I'm favoring matcha too much but let's be honest... how often do you see a green tea flavored chewing gum in food stores?
5 / 5




 Taste 
Well, it's really good... for a moment. Taste doesn't last long which is what I expected from Glico company and their tasty-looking matcha gum. It's kinda disappointing, but... well. What'cha gonna do? I will devour anything as long as it's matcha-flavored.
7 / 10


 Final score 
4 / 5

__________________________________________________
¹ IMHO more like "a glutinous-texture-like gum that makes you feel comfy and relaxed".
I feel like your "huggable" came from "being able to grab" which could be the definition of "glutinous" meaning "sticky". Which is the texture of "mochi". Hence "mochi mochi". /Cinek

² Hell yeah I can read: "sugarless" ;). Now gimme some sugar baby! /Cinek

2 comments:

  1. spróbowałabym chętnie, faktycznie, w Polsce matchy się nie uświadczy, więc nawet guma by mnie satysfakcjonowała :)
    ✄ blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zawsze można kupić matchę i zrobić jakieś swoje pyszności. :3

      Delete