いらっしゃいませ!Look, how many amazing Japanese things we have here! =(^_^)=

November 20, 2014

Furuta - matcha sand cookies


Hello, Foodies. Today I have for you 濃厚抹茶サンドクッキー made by Furuta. What is it? I promise you, you won't find anything like this in our stores. :)



Firstly, I'll try to translate some kanji from the packaging. 濃厚抹茶サンドクッキー (reading: nōkō matcha sandokukkī) means sand cookies rich in matcha (Japanese green tea). So here we have crunchy cookies in one of my favourite flavours. Yay! =(^_^)=


On one side of the packaging we have strange "alert" about matcha used in this product. 西尾の抹茶使用 meaning our matcha is from Nishio city from the middle of Japan. There are so many strange kanji in this text so I will just assume that the manufacturer tells us this product is elegant (?) and very good (上品).

 Packaging 
I like this one. It's a box and it's green... but it's stuffed with graphics (and not necessarily with biscuits xD) and its size is impractical. And matcha "liquid" being totally EVERYWHERE (in the background, in the right corner, on the side of the box) is a little bit overwhelming. And the foil inside was just ugly, I didn't even take a photo of the foil itself, but you can still kinda see it blurred on the photo below.
2.5 / 5


 Novelty/Appeal 
Well, sand cookies are pretty common in Poland, but it's difficult to find ones that are above par. Matcha taste will always be awesome for me (why is it so unknown for Polish manufacturers?!). Hence...
4 / 5


 Taste 
They were just awesome. Crunchy and soft, they really turn into "sand" when you bite them. But the matcha filling was kinda bland. I love powdered Japanese green tea so I was a little bit dissapointed with it. But except this one defect they were excellent, so I give them...
9 / 10

 Final score 
4 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment